It is the intent of the Spring Valley Public School District that the information on its website be accessible to individuals with disabilities in complance with the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title ll of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 along with accompanying statutory regulations.
If you are having difficulty accessing information on our website due to a disability, please contact us the webmaster and provide the URL (web address) of the material you tried to access, the problem you experienced, and your contact information, including name, email address and phone number so that we may accommodate your needs.
In an effort to make our district resources more accessible for everyone, we have curated a list of tools available.
* NV Access is a free web reader for Windows users
* Read & Write is a chrome extension that is equipped with word prediction, dictionary, text to speech, screen reader, highlighters and more. It works on web pages, PDFs and Google Docs.
* SpeakIt! is also a text to speech chrome extension that reads any selected text on web pages. It also allows users to adjust the speaking rate and select from different voices.
* Announcify is another text to speech chrome extension that reads web pages and removes distracting elements from sites.
* Apple has text to speech built into system preferences. Here is a video explaining how to enable this preference.